Columbus, Ohio – Travelers are advised to mark their calendars for the 2015 Great Vacations Travel EXPO, presented by AAA, which takes place Jan. 16-18, 2015, in its expanded form and a new location at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Downtown Columbus. Billed as a one-stop shop for everything travel-related, the EXPO offers consumers unique access to the world’s top travel suppliers. Guests are invited to talk one-on-one with top travel experts and take home the best advice, values and EXPO-only deals on everything from exotic cruises and European vacations to affordable close-to-home escapes.
In addition to offering exclusive information and discounts, the EXPO is packed with activities, presentations and entertainment, creating an event that’s a destination in itself. Favorite travel spots come alive with interactive experiences that are engaging, helpful and educational. The show features different zones encompassing similar destinations, so visitors can quickly and easily find their dream destination. The event offers exclusive EXPO-only deals, so travelers are encouraged to bring a calendar and a form of payment.
Special attractions include:
- Vacation Marketplace: The EXPO has assembled an incredible lineup of hundreds of the world’s top travel destinations.
- Paradise Pavilion: The Paradise Pavilion transports guests right out of the cold to warm, tropical vacations at extraordinary resorts throughout the Caribbean and Mexico.
- Lake Erie Shores & Islands: Guests can set sail for Lake Erie Shores & Islands at this special feature area. From Cedar Point, to Put-in-Bay, this fun-filled beach environment boasts interactive activities that bring the unique Lake Erie Shores & Islands experience to life.
- AAA Explore Store: Packed with free travel guidebooks, maps and brochures, the Explore Store is where guests can receive expert advice and great deals on the perfect vacation.
- AAA Travel Stage: Appearances, live entertainment, events and workshops are led by leading travel experts and well-known celebrities, including renowned daredevil Nik Wallenda.
The Great Vacations Travel EXPO, presented by AAA, opens Friday, Jan. 16, and runs through Sunday, Jan. 18, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Downtown Columbus. EXPO hours are Friday noon-7 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tickets are available at the door or at any AAA Ohio Auto Club store for $8. AAA members who show their AAA card will receive 50% off of admission. Children age 16 and under are admitted at no charge. For additional event details, or to purchase tickets in advance, visit www.AAAGreatVacations.com.
EDITORS NOTE: Images, video, special media access and interviews available. Contact Amy Weirick,
Office: (614) 848-8380 Mobile: (614) 296-8513 or amy@WeirickCommunications.com.